Phoenix Criminal Attorney
When faced with criminal charges in Arizona, it is of utmost importance that you obtain skilled, experienced and affordable legal counsel. This is because criminal charges can result in a number of life-altering consequences if one should be convicted. Most times in criminal cases, the State will come after you aggressively. This is because the State has enormous amount of resources and funds to build their case, and prosecute individuals they suspect of committing crimes. This is when you contact a highly trained and skilled criminal defense attorney to protect your rights, and aggressively defend you at each step of your case. Your rights, future and life depend on it!
Why the Adelayo Law Firm, PLLC?
We are dedicated to providing exceptional and personal defense services to people charged or facing charging in the Phoenix area. With over a decade of experience, we are quite capable of representing clients in the toughest situations. Our focus at the Adelayo Law Firm, PLLC is “one client at a time.” Bami Adelayo was a defense attorney at the New Jersey Office of the Public Defender, Jersey City, New Jersey. Immediately after that, he prosecuted cases at the Will County State’s Attorney’s Office, Joliet, Illinois. He therefore has a clear understanding of how the criminal justice system works from the prosecution side, and the defense attorney side.
We defend people charged with a variety of both misdemeanor and felony crimes, such as:
- Alcohol Offenses including DUI/Possession or consumption of alcohol by a minor
- Traffic violations of all kinds, including driving on a suspended license, speeding or criminal speeding violations
- Theft cases such as Shoplifting, burglary, robbery, theft of means of transportation
- Arizona’s drug possession laws pretty serious, they tend to be prosecuted heavily. Drug possession in Arizona depends on the type of drug in question. A controlled substance is one of the following: Dangerous drugs, Narcotics and Marijuana. Under Arizona law, a person could be charged with possession of dangerous drugs, possession of narcotics or possession of Marijuana. Arizona drug laws allows for ‘deferred prosecution’ in some case. We can assist you in determining what steps and actions you should take when you have a drug charge pending.
- Weapons charges in Arizona: Arizona regulates the use and possession of concealed weapons, including guns and explosives. Weapons charges include misconduct involving weapons, defaced firearms. In some instances, it is a crime to negligently discharge a firearm, minors in possession of firearms.
- Offenses against people including assault, aggravated assault, domestic violence, homicide, manslaughter, first degree murder, felony murder.
- Sexual offense in Arizona: Arizona criminal code outlines 6 primary offenses. They are: Indecent exposure, public sexual indecency, sexual abuse (if victim is under the age of 15, the offense is punishable under the sentencing criteria of “dangerous crimes against children.” Sexual conduct with a minor-engaging in sexual intercourse or oral sexual contact with any person under the age of 18 years. Sexual assault-engaging in sexual intercourse or oral sexual contact with any person, regardless of age without consent, this is also known as ‘rape’. Molestation of a child.
- Hate Crimes